QR Code Based Garbage Collection Begins at Mangaluru Smart City
The Mangaluru Smart City Limited (MSCL) has begun implementation of its QR code-based Solid Waste Management System, which will cover all the 60 wards of Mangaluru, in a phased manner. The first phase will cover 88,000 houses; so far 5,000 houses have been installed with the QR codes and rest are expected to be completed by the end of November. Mangaluru will be one of the first smart cities in Karnataka to go live. The smart garbage collection system will help the City Corporation track the movement of the garbage vehicles, monitor the status of the garbage collection, provide provisions for the public to record complaints about garbage collection. QR code installed at houses can also be extended for other public services such as payment of electricity bills, property tax, and phone bills, among others.
An Initiative by INWASTER exclusively for jobs in the Waste Management Sector
Social Media Intern
Social media plays a key role at Skrap to help build awareness around sustainability solutions and urge organisations + communities + individuals to take action.
*Content creation for Instagram including making Reels (and having fun while at it!)
*Researching sustainability and waste management trends
*Building a conversation and engaging with our online community
Apply for this, if you:
*Are idea driven, creative and passionate about sustainability
*Lead or are learning to lead a low waste lifestyle
*Enjoy keeping up with Instagram trends
*Have mad video editing skills, an eye for design and are familiar with Canva
*Have a sense of humour :D
You can check complete job description at https://www.skrap.in/internship and share your
resumes with past work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “#iwanttojoin”
Project Coordinator / Marketing Executive
● Identify the Plastic waste location in our regionand Market place to plastic granule manufactured in our plants.
● Identification of aggregators and Municipal Corporation for material sourcing.
● Liaising with government and municipal corporation bodies related to business.
● Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
● Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met
● Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
● Selection and verification of vendors according to the given criteria.
● Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
● Good knowledge in Marketing
Business Development Executives
Generating leads. Meeting or exceeding sales goals. Negotiating all contracts with prospective clients. Visiting clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services. Maintaining client records. Answering client questions about credit terms, products, prices and availability. Helping determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, power point
Ashaya is developing recycling processes to treat three different types of plastic waste: multi-layered plastic (MLP), polycotton and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and convert it into high-quality 3D printing filament which can be used to produce high-margin products.
They are looking for a Polymer Engineer – an extrusion specialist- who has theoretical knowledge and industrial experience around polymers and extrusion > (chemical / mechanical engineering, injection molding) or close to it.
At least 3 years of work experience is prefered but not mandatory.
Knowledge and/or experience of 3D printing would be a nice bonus.
Salary offered: Rs 4L - 6L per annum
* Improve our operational efficiency by visiting project sites
* Ensuring SOP's are followed, making process and imparting them to staff,
* Making and compiling reports
* Participate in sales and marketing
* Candidate with 2 wheeler preferred (Petrol allowance addtional)
Experience : Min 2-3 Years
* Build the short-term, mid-term and long-term strategy for business growth and evolution of the SWM Vertical with the CEO,MD, COO & Director of Expansion
* Prepare the team for scale across territories and standardise the business processes models across the spectrum of the SWM sector.
* Lead budgeting and resource allocation efforts for the SWM vertical
* Ensure proper and updated documentation of all SWM initiatives
* Oversee promotion and marketing of products and services
* Ensure effective execution of all SWM projects in a time-bound manner
* Lead hiring for the SWM vertical with the HR and COO
* Lead the research and development initiatives for SWM
* Train the SWM team to enable them to ensure excellent delivery of the CARPE SWM services on field
* Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including, administrative and political heads of ULBs, current and potential donors/partners
Operations Manager (Dry Waste)
• Identifying new business leads and liaison with various stakeholders.
• Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
• Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
• Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met.
• Developing and managing relations with recyclers and other purchasers.
• Handling entire the dry waste team in the waste processing centre.
• Handling filed data and reporting.
• Understanding, managing, optimising, streamlining process involved in operations.
Business Development Associate
The candidate must have below attributes
- Has a keen eye towards identifying waste to make upcycled products
- Resourceful - Can create collaborations with vendors and artisans across industries
- Build revenue streams for the company
- Has great communication & inter-personal skills