QR Code Based Garbage Collection Begins at Mangaluru Smart City
The Mangaluru Smart City Limited (MSCL) has begun implementation of its QR code-based Solid Waste Management System, which will cover all the 60 wards of Mangaluru, in a phased manner. The first phase will cover 88,000 houses; so far 5,000 houses have been installed with the QR codes and rest are expected to be completed by the end of November. Mangaluru will be one of the first smart cities in Karnataka to go live. The smart garbage collection system will help the City Corporation track the movement of the garbage vehicles, monitor the status of the garbage collection, provide provisions for the public to record complaints about garbage collection. QR code installed at houses can also be extended for other public services such as payment of electricity bills, property tax, and phone bills, among others.
An Initiative by INWASTER exclusively for jobs in the Waste Management Sector
Business Development Executive
About the Role:
*Handling enquiries from organisations as well as reaching out to organisations for covering their stories on the platform
*Connecting with Zero Waste Lifestyle practitioners for creating various meets and sessions
*Coordinating and organising WLearn events
*Helping in collaboration with individual and organisation with similar interest
*Business development experience of min. 1 year
*Should be good at networking, communication, and building & maintaining business relationships
*Organisation and event management experience will be an added advantage
*Critical thinker, problem-solving skills, good time-management skills
About the Role:
*Handling recruitment enquiries from employers and potential applicants
*Connecting with employers/companies/hiring managers for openings and procuring information about the role
*Matching resumes with available openings
*Managing and maintaining database of applicants and employers
*Review applicants to evaluate if they meet the position requirements
*Recruitment/HR experience of min. 1 year
*Proficiency in using Google suite and MS Office suite
*Good time-management skills
*Good interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
About the role/responsibilities:
*To communicate the foundation’s initiatives to a wider section of the society in an effective manner.
*Someone who shares the passion in line with our mission of serving the planet. *The designer will help us in communicating the work and planned events via posters, graphics, crowdfunding campaigns, etc.
*The candidate will also help document our prototyping experiments and products graphically.
About the role:
* Manage & coach a group of approximately 50 volunteers and maintain regular contact with 10-15 schools
* Ensure effective implementation of monitoring and evaluation plans and help us improve them with field updates
* Facilitate shared learning among volunteers and the rest of the team and disseminate the same to the smaller networks within the organisation
* Train volunteers to implement program and conduct baseline survey
* Maximise volunteers’ engagement with the program, school and children
* Maintain positive school relationships and Government Relations (for govt. schools) for practical day to day problem-solving.
* Organise and coordinate permissions for outdoor visits, campaigns and any additional school activity/ help volunteers with the same. Ensure participation from parent volunteers and teachers and track updates
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills
* 2-3 years of previous work experience in managing a program/project preferably in the in the developmental sector.
* Experience in designing and implementing awareness and training modules and programs.
* Experience and interest in the environmental sector is desirable
* Strong written, verbal and visual communication
* Proficient in handling Digital Media and ability to work on Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Canva
* Self-motivated, loves working with people and helping them grow yet comfortable working independently without an office space
Sales Executives (Field)
About the role:
* Full time sales executive with at least 1 year experience in waste management services.
* Fluent in English and Kannada
* Work on target based sales
* Handle meetings independently and travel across Bengaluru
* Have basic knowledge of computers and knowledge of creating posters and emailers
* Preferably owing a 2 wheeler or having a license
* Passionate about waste management
Social Media Manager and Content Writer
• Write, edit and publish engaging posts for various social networks, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Optimize social media posts (language, tone, message) based on our target audience’s behaviours
• Select appealing images and videos to complement text
• Update our official website and social media pages with compelling company news
• Coordinate with internal teams to create advertising posts (e.g. for events, open roles and product releases)
• Apply advertising techniques to boost brand awareness, like promotions and competitions
• Respond to questions and comments on our social media pages in a timely and accurate manner
• Network with clients and industry professionals
• Organise and host online and offline events and conferences
• Co-ordinate with management team for the above and ensure that the websites are updated monthly.
• Proven work experience as a Content writing or similar role
• Candidate with excellent communication skill and who is creative in thoughts and writing
• Should also be able to do editorial works
• Hands-on experience using various social media platforms to advertise
• Ability to deliver creative web content (text, image and video)
• Should be capable of managing and overseeing the creation and publishing of relevant, original, high-quality content in a timely manner
• Excellent communication
Salary - Rs. 18,000-23,000 per month
Research & Strategy Intern
• Problem definition, research, data cleaning, analysis to determine best processes and methods for problem-solving.
• Extensive policy level researches to make the assigned documents.
• Leadership/ ownership of assigned tasks
• Create, input, format and update a variety of projects and reports.
• Regular and clear communication with manager on status of assigned project(s).
• Distribute timely and accurate work.
• Maintain files and generate status information.
• Show professionalism in all skills.
• Present project information at the culmination of the internship to communicate research, findings, analysis and any recommendations.
• Monitoring the Virtual Training programs.
• Review of the documents (Training Modules).
• Analysis of the survey conducted in locations.
1. Bachelors degree in development studies, social work, etc.
2. Advance excel skills
3. Research experience
Stipend - Rs. 5,000/- per month
Assistant Program Manager
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Plan, schedule, manage, and monitor projects to ensure that the quality of project implementation follows company standards.
2. Developing and implementing strategy for the project team, including developing a robust risk mitigation plan. Help in overall building and managing project teams.
3. Improve and innovate operational standards and ensure that all policy and procedures are followed at all levels and understand how different projects interlink and overlap.
4. Create frameworks, prepare reports, DPRs and deliverables as per client and administration requirements.
5. Analyze relevant data to make business recommendations that result in market growth, quality and reliability improvements and contractor access / performance increases.
1. Open to engage in rigorous activities.
2. Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work.
3. Ability to work in team and deliver in tight deadlines.
Education and Experience:
1. Relevant degree in a discipline from the development sector (Social Work, Development Studies,
2. Equivalent experience in the said sector
3. 2 – 3 Years in Development, Consultancy, CSR projects or allied sectors and/ or
4. 1 – 2 Years in the field of Solid Waste Management (not mandatory)
Social Media Intern
Social media plays a key role at Skrap to help build awareness around sustainability solutions and urge organisations + communities + individuals to take action.
*Content creation for Instagram including making Reels (and having fun while at it!)
*Researching sustainability and waste management trends
*Building a conversation and engaging with our online community
Apply for this, if you:
*Are idea driven, creative and passionate about sustainability
*Lead or are learning to lead a low waste lifestyle
*Enjoy keeping up with Instagram trends
*Have mad video editing skills, an eye for design and are familiar with Canva
*Have a sense of humour :D
You can check complete job description at https://www.skrap.in/internship and share your
resumes with past work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “#iwanttojoin”
Project Coordinator / Marketing Executive
● Identify the Plastic waste location in our regionand Market place to plastic granule manufactured in our plants.
● Identification of aggregators and Municipal Corporation for material sourcing.
● Liaising with government and municipal corporation bodies related to business.
● Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
● Developing sales goals for the team and ensuring they are met
● Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives
● Selection and verification of vendors according to the given criteria.
● Maintaining fruitful relationships with existing customers
● Good knowledge in Marketing
Business Development Executives
Generating leads. Meeting or exceeding sales goals. Negotiating all contracts with prospective clients. Visiting clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services. Maintaining client records. Answering client questions about credit terms, products, prices and availability. Helping determine pricing schedules for quotes, promotions, and negotiations.
Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, power point
Ashaya is developing recycling processes to treat three different types of plastic waste: multi-layered plastic (MLP), polycotton and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) and convert it into high-quality 3D printing filament which can be used to produce high-margin products.
They are looking for a Polymer Engineer – an extrusion specialist- who has theoretical knowledge and industrial experience around polymers and extrusion > (chemical / mechanical engineering, injection molding) or close to it.
At least 3 years of work experience is prefered but not mandatory.
Knowledge and/or experience of 3D printing would be a nice bonus.
Salary offered: Rs 4L - 6L per annum